Special Educational Needs
At Bosham Primary School we believe in providing an education for all, which allows children of all abilities to achieve. We aim to achieve this through the following objectives;
- To ensure that all pupils receive an education that enables them to achieve their full potential, both curricular and extra-curricular.
- To identify pupils with Special Education Needs and Disabilities.
- To raise the aspirations of, and expectations for, all pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- To ensure a high level of staff expertise to meet pupil need, through well targeted continuing professional development.
- To develop a collaborative working relationship with parents and other agencies to provide effective support for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- To closely monitor and track progress of children with Special Education Needs and Disabilities using small step tracking to build a clear picture of progress for all.
- To enable pupils to have a voice in their learning and support.
We are an Autism Aware School and have achieved our Bronze award this year (2023). Some of the strengths that were identified were:
- Strong transition support and harnessing of special interests of autistic pupils.
- Strong focus on quality first teaching and all teachers being teachers of SEND.
- Good evidence of seeking outside advice and acting on it including advisory teachers and linked secondary school.
- Staff have responded to the sensory environment audit and there is a significant change in most of the school sensory environment.
- Good understanding of need for regulating spaces - low arousal and outdoor spaces available to meet individual needs.
If you wish to discuss your child's needs...
Our SEND Cordinator is Miss Terri Rawlings. She is in school on Mondays and Tuesdays.
She can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the school office.
Our school ELSA is Mrs Cox. If you wish your child to be referred for emotional support please speak with your child's class teacher or complete the referral form below.
Our governor responsible for special needs is Megan Clay she can be contacted on: email@example.com or via the school office.