Free School Meals
If you think your child could be eligible for free school meals, it really helps the school's funding if you register with West Sussex County Council.
Currently, the eligibility is as follows:
Free school meals are available at both Primary and Secondary schools.
Free School Lunches
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals. All pupils who do not qualify for free school lunches must be charged the same amount for the same quantity of the same item.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT AS FROM SEPTEMBER 2014, ALL CHILDREN IN YEAR R, 1 AND 2 WILL RECEIVE A FREE HOT SCHOOL MEAL.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION FORM